Monday, December 03, 2007

delightful

My thoughts were occupied with checklists and checklists of things I had yet to do. I walked past several people on campus, but I was stuck on my dramatic song. A towering gentleman in a black coat, slowed as I passed by him on my way to some campus errand, "Hey, I like your scarf." My wandering mind trying to conquer all of the blasted things I had to do this morning stopped. I looked up. "Oh... thanks!"

Thank goodness for people who can stop you in your worrisome thoughts.

----------

Late for class because I procrastinated a paper, I hurried up the hill that would later turn to ice by the time I got to leave campus. I heard some shouting, but cast it aside. When I reached the top, I noticed a certain gentleman in an orange coat and a face that indicated down syndrome, shouting to the world about the fantastic song he listened to on his ipod or cd player. And I smiled. Oh to live life without inhibition!

----------

I explained my paper to my little nook in my class, "Yeah... mine is on Dadaism and Radiohead's Kid A." No one said anything. I don't think they know who Radiohead is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heather you've changed your entire blog's background/set-up/whatever. well it is 'delightful'. oh wait isn't that the name of this blog? fancy that.

manda said...

clever lady