Friday, August 03, 2007

what an encore

Up Against the Wall - Peter, Bjorn and John (I can't find a current link for this song but listen to it on hypem if you don't know it, or even if you do; it's always a great listen)

Let me just say, that this is the cutest nerd-rock band ever.

  • They dedicated Amsterdam to Kayte for her birthday
  • Hillery sent a note to the guitarist (I'm not sure if he's Peter, Bjorn, or John) on our left side inviting him to the Pie.
  • The band members walked up to the front of the stage multiple times and allowed us to touch them. I got the lead singers hand, and it felt like something straight out of the Beatles era - the adoring fans dancing, screaming, and hands out for touching.
  • The crowd was getting crazy... pushing up to the stage, moshing, kids getting on stage and dancing (one girl - twice) and then getting shoved off the stage by security.
  • Drunk old men, and I mean old, dancing with young girls in the likeness of a boy band member
  • New friends - Emily was delightful.
  • Realizing that Shane is in the spitting image of Jeremy (Hillery told the truth). And the guitarist in PB&J (isn't that an adorable acroynm?) a less attractive version of Chris Leppert.
  • Dancing our little hearts away, yet again.
  • And this is not to leave out Apostle of Hustle which was also a great band (t-shirt a little offensive, with an image of Christ getting punched in the face. Symbolic - maybe? Or just insulting?). I just love Broken Social Scene, and Andrew Whiteman, lead guitarist for both Apostle of Hustle and BSS, is really amazingly talented. You could definitely hear bits of BSS in AoH's music.
  • Oh and the Pie. Like usual: delicious, good company, fun times of shouting, dancing, and chatting
  • But still... I can't get over how fun PB&J were. So good!

4 comments:

vantastic said...

shouda coulda woulda. wish i could have been there. ouch. sounds huber delightful!!!

an illdressed foolishwise said...

words cannot describe how much i wanted to be at this show... sad times for me...

someday...

some-day...

up against the wall is one of my very bery favorites.

heathen said...

Next time they come, we're going!

Ammon said...

Man I like that one song by Broken Social SCene. I forgot what it was called. The male/female singing duet makes me laugh and for some reason reminds me of the sexual tension between Stevie Nix and the guitarist in Fleetwood Mack.

Sincerely

amon