Thursday, November 02, 2006

intersections are great meeting places

I ran into an FHE brother today. He was chatting on his cell-phone as we crossed 7th north, chipper as usual. To his apartment he went, and me to school. In the middle of the intersection he said, "One sec," to his phone. He looked up at me in his standard sweater, collared shirt, jeans, and vans and said with his semi-Texas, semi-Australian-left-over-from-the-mission accent, "Hey, how are you? I'm sorry we had to meet in the middle of the street." I think I've found someone who apologizes as much as me, but maybe not to snowmen that you run over in Mariokart (we'll leave that one to me).

I've caught him dancing down the stairs, walking with his pelvis thrust forward in the the Provo library, and nose-flirting with the wall during the FHE lesson. When you confront him about it, "Oh, I didn't realize anyone was watching."

No comments: