Saturday, February 17, 2007

Grocery Shopping

When my dad goes grocery shopping, what he piles onto the counter from his Day's Market run goes something like this:
1. Tomatoes ("I got those tomatoes you asked for.")
2. Spinach
3. About 3 Yoplait yogurts
4. 3 boxes of butter
5. 2 containers of gummy o's - peach and apple flavored ("I thought you might like these." My mom shakes her head.)
6. 4 liters of Soda
7. Berries ("Those are expensive," my mom says.)

"I didn't get very much, just a few things to put in your salad. They were on sale."
"Yeah I'm sure they were really cheap," my mother retorts.

"These were like 69 cents a pound!" my dad says, pulling out a bag of about 20 tomatoes.

5 minutes later
"These were like 69 cents a pound!" he says as he pulls out a bag of 15 apples.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i 'lol'ed until i stopped. thank you.