Friday, July 20, 2007

good company

Yesterday's events go as follows:

  • Car rides with a Sonic stop, too-sugary (is it possible? yes.) drinks and tater tots, politics from Newsweek with Morganne and Adam
  • Sneaking in restrooms, asking directions from hotel attendants (yes, in Salt Lake)
  • Setting up blanket 5 1/2 hours before show and promptly leaving
  • Catching the light-rail, which is FREE downtown
  • Remembering London, the Tube, minding-the-gap
  • Photographing shoes
  • Sweating profusely because it's hotter on the windowless train than outside
  • Sitting on the train for 5 mins or so because Adam thought there was another stop. Nope, we'd hit the last.
  • My age forever - and the neverending search for something I love, failed.
  • My department with an ie - beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Makes me want to sell a limb. AND they have This Is... books by Miroslav Sasek. Kill me now!
  • Addicted - the Clash and warm pita dipped in lemon pepper and hummus, tofu cream cheese bagels, turkey sandwiches vegan-style. They really have done well with the tofu. Yum!
  • Conveniently being in a location Ryan can pick us up
  • Realizing the crowd has covered all locations BUT our blanket, nice...
  • Allyson is back from Ohio alive and unimpregnated!
  • Not enjoying the Fiery Furnaces except for when I'm upfront, dancing my heart away with Hillery, Morganne, Adam, Ryan
  • Spotting the stoned boy that talked to us outside of Salt Lake Coffee House (or that coffee house we went to after 4th of July) about obscure musicians; he is now humping his girlfriend to the Fiery Furnaces (ack!)
  • Heading back to the blanket, which is now covered by people
  • Amy and me laying down, surrounded by heads and awkwardly dancing bodies, feeling we could get trampled any minute or have cigarette ashes flicked at our heads
  • Megan inviting us to the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar (Electric 6 - thanks for never allowing me to say those words without that song in my head!) for her birthday
  • The Pie (this deserves a post complete with pictures, all on its own) - few experiences in my lifetime have been this fun
  • Singing our heads off as loud as possible to EVERY song, shouting Rage Against the Machine, Phil Collins, etc., banging on the tables, yelling every time someone in our group got their pizza, dessert, or breadsticks, knee stroking, flirting behind backs, singing across the table, competing with other tables, having our party take up half the restaurant, dancing, dancing, dancing, climbing poles, singing Gold Digger
  • No gay bar, exhausted from the Pie
  • Skipping back to the car, almost taking down a bicyclist
  • Wonderful conversations on the way home
  • Medusa hair, late night chats, demanding back rubs, and finally crashing.
And all the people in between: Morganne, Adam, Ryan, Hillery, Josh, Allyson, Amy, Kristi, Eleanor, Tony, Coby, Megan, Nate, Rory, Dave, Patrick, Lucia, Claire, new friends, adventure club, and all those I forgot (you're still important, blame it on the lack of sleep!)

5 comments:

dre said...

can i have a copy of that mixed tape? oh, and sounds like fun. you are ridiculous, anyhow.

my ghostwriter said...

you forgot to say that we held hands, but i like how all of the other physicality you mentioned involved myself. (lover.)

heathen said...

Ok. We held hands, you were flirting behind my back, and I had to break you and Eleanor up. It was really a painful night. I'm not sure why I made it seem like I had a good time.

allyson elizabeth said...

Man! I'm glad I had my own bullet, and sad that I was too exhausted for The Pie.

Summer is Awesome!

Picture me me Drawlin'... said...

It was so much fun! your blogs are the best! I am going to comment on them all the time! I know you love it!