Friday, December 15, 2006

oh look, double blog. happy days are here again!

As an ode to the last day of class being over, here's a list of things I like:

  • Friends (new and old; returning, staying, and leaving)
    • Caitie is back! She's got me snapping again, and Amy and me back to our usual routine.
    • Rachel VanWagoner- distant relative and smoothie friend. Good times in the past week, but leaving soon :(
  • My family- goodness, I like my family.
    • My mother brings me a plastic bag full of oranges, clementines, cookies, rice pudding, and echinachea, now she's talking about a family orchestra for Christmas and singing hymns before every meal. She bought Heidi a new clarinet- an instrument she hasn't touched since she was 13- for the family orchestra so Heidi can't say she doesn't have anything to play.
    • My dad- "Well, she can't take it back now." regarding the Clarinet.Heidi- "This is a Christmas surprise like finding out I have cancer!"
------------------------------------------------------------------
    • I have seen Scott, Amy-sister-in-law, and baby Abby more often than I probably deserve, and I think they're fantastic and oh so cute. Abby is massive and growing like crazy. She's wearing 12 month clothing at 8 months, and she smiles like heaven.
    • Sisters- we're essentially the same person in a little bit of an altered form
      • Heidi, the uber chic, wears earrings that look like pasta
      • Hillery, the uber grandma, vintage, crazy-thing
    • Little-boy-Ben who's not so little anymore, picks up Hillery and me in Heidi's car, though he's ridiculously sick and takes us to Jamba Juice even though he doesn't want anything. That boy is a speed demon.
    • Extended family- ridiculously quirky but darling and know how to play some mad games.
  • Foreign films and Film Series- man, I'm getting giddy just thinking of all the ones I get to watch this break.
  • The new house- I'm planning all sorts of parties and festivities.
    • New Years Eve: Scott's birthday and Great Gatsby/1920s/ PLUS Dance Party
  • All the gifts that will be coming in the mail to distribute (or that won't because a ton of them aren't coming till after Christmas).
  • New winter coat (but it's for Christmas, so I have no knowledge of it- except that I paid for half of it.)
  • Christmas- even though I feel like I've lost the glimmer and glam and sometimes even the whole spirit of it, Thanksgiving was fantastic. What a lovely break. I plan on making this holiday just as grand. Thank goodness for family and even family craziness. It wouldn't be a holiday without some huge fight, makeup, then playing games.
  • Reading and not feeling guilty about it (ie realizing I should be doing homework).
  • Music I like (Christmas- only the good stuff, and otherwise- Neko Case is so hot right now).
  • Two and a half weeks of playing (and a little working!)

1 comment:

allyson elizabeth said...

Your niece is so cute.

Also, I think we should pick a movie to each watch over break. Then we can meet again and discuss.