Friday, December 01, 2006

thinking, acting. whoops.

Checking facebook at 8:10 this morning I reviewed the past day/night's activities on stalker-feed. Two of my guy friends had just added a guy I'd met over the weekend. One with whom I had an extensive conversation about music. I quickly clicked on his profile, scrolled to his music taste to see if what he had told me was true. Listed were bands I considered good: The White Stripes, Muse, Gosling (eh, don't know them), the Sounds, Gnarls Barkley. Nothing like the Panic! At the Disco and My Chemical Romance that this same boy had claimed he liked before. I automatically clicked on, send message. "Lies!" I wrote and sent immediately. A thought at the back of my mind surfaced, maybe this was not the very same guy I met on Saturday night that accused me of being a neo-Goth for my music taste. But I promptly shoved it back down.

Your message was sent, highlighted in yellow. I was a little thrilled with myself for making a quick decision, but decided to examine his profile nonetheless. Clicking on the link to his pictures I scrolled through each. A familiar face entered them. The same girl whose profile I visited once or twice on myspace when my ex-boyfriend told me his girl-woes. This guy was the ex-boyfriend of my ex-boyfriend's current love interest, not the same guy I "agreed to disagree with" for a few hours and throughout Oliver Twist. Return to send message: "Whoops! Scratch that."

There's something to that thinking before you act. Or looking at facebook photos before you send people messages.

6 comments:

dre said...

i don't get it.

dre said...

i read it again, real slow, and sort of understood it.

Caitie said...

amen, dre

Icka said...

Don't worry, I have a tendance to do that both online and in real life, often.

Icka said...

See? Apparently, in English we say 'tendancy'. A little too much french going on.

Anonymous said...

you hate the sounds!